The phase out of CFCs has called for a profound change in the refrigerants used by many industries. In tandem with our customers, we have developed a full range of non flammable, non toxic replacements. Our range of HCFC interim products, provides easy to implement medium terms solutions to aid the transition from CFCs. Regulation of HCFCs means that these too will be phased out over time. For those companies wishing to move away from ozone depleting products today, REFEX offers a full range of long term HFC products.
Best Practices for Safe Handling of Refex Refrigerants
- We at, Refex Refrigerants have thoroughly tested our refrigerant and we assure our users of their complete safety. Moreover these refrigerants are safer still than the refrigerants they replace. We always advise our users to following few protective tips while using the refrigerants. It would only help better and comfortable usage of our refrigerant.
- The refrigerant should be kept out of direct sunlight in a clean and dry area.
- Maximum heat the cylinder can withstand is 125°F (52°C). The cylinders will not withstand heat beyond this temperature.
- Never pressurize systems or vessels containing Refex Refrigerants with air for leak testing or any other purpose.
- Always avoid rough handling of the cylinders filled with refrigerants.
- The pressure relief devices or the valves should not be tampered with to avoid exposure to vapors through leaks. Whenever you open the valves, open it very slowly and carefully.
- The disposable cylinders should not be filled with anything and also should not be used as compressed air tanks.
- One should always wear gloves and eye protection when handling any refrigerant as a means of protecting oneself.
- One should always be careful while using liquid refrigerant to avoid frostbite.
- In the event of any large spills, it is advisable to immediately evacuate the area. This spill area should be used only after it has been properly ventilated. Also ensure ventilation of the area before using flames.
- Always check on the cylinder hookup to the system.
- Ensure that the color code and the cylinder label match.
- It is advisable not to carry out any repair on pressurized equipment. The equipment should be completely evacuated before breaking the vacuum with air or nitrogen. Only then welding or brazing should be carried out.
Our products can be used in:
- Commercial and domestic refrigeration
- Industrial refrigeration
- Transport refrigeration
- Food processing
- Commercial and domestic air conditioning
- Automotive air conditioning
- Chillers for buildings and large systems
- Aerosol Propellants
- Medical Propellants
- Foam Blowing Agents
- Saves Time! Application of Refrigerant in One step
- Cost Effective
- Saves valuable man hours
- Easy to use
- Increase consumer confidence
- Ozone friendly